We are very pleased to announce the SEA Residential Equestrian and Landscape Workshop 2024 at by kind permission of Wendy and Jim at Dedham Hall. (Members only).
From Saturday 18th May from midday onwards, to Friday 24th May (workshop starts on the Sunday at 10am).
*Please scroll to bottom of page for Booking Form*
The Venue – Dedham Hall
We are pleased to have secured access to this beautiful arts venue which has been recommended to us. The workshop will also include some local landscape work here in Constable Country, to help artists learn more about placing a horse in a landscape. On the other days there will be varied horses provided and we will also spend a day at the Munnings Museum where you will have the opportunity to view their extensive exhibition. The cost is inclusive of hire of models, venues and tutors fees. Artists will need to provide their own materials, easels etc.
This unique residential course has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, which provides you with a wonderful opportunity to improve your work, no matter what level you are at with your practice, with support and advice from our tutors in an informal environment, so is suitable for all artists as tutoring is mostly one to one. Your tutors are Colin Allbrook HSEA & Malcolm Coward HSEA with extra support and hosting provided by Jim Power HSEA.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to exchange ideas with your fellow students and meet other like minded artists. Over the years attendees have met lifetime friends who go on support each other all year round and return every year to enjoy this week long residential event. We will also have exclusive use of the large studio on site at Dedham Hall. We are looking forward to exploring this venue and the surrounding landscape.
There will be one or two additional activities to be confirmed, including painting out in the beautiful Constable landscape. We are looking forward to seeing you all!
All rooms are en suite, and breakfast and a set evening meal provided by the restaurant on site (special dietary requirements can be catered for so please advise on our booking form)
If you require a ground floor room please advise, we will accommodate where we can.
Do have a look at Dedham Hall’s website to get a feel for this beautiful venue https://www.dedhamhall.co.uk If you are planning on sharing please indicate who with.
If you cannot commit at present, you can also elect to be put on the waiting list in case there are available spaces. Don’t forget it is also possible to book self catering accommodation nearby and join the residents for evening meals.
Dinner and breakfasts are provided from Saturday onwards, lunches not included. Dietary restrictions can be accommodated, please advise on your booking form.
- Arrive at your leisure on Saturday afternoon (after midday please) and settle in to your room. NOTE: If you feel that you would like to travel to Dedham the previous day we would suggest booking overnight at one of the local B&Bs, again, book early as they are always very busy.
- If you would like to attend the course but not stay at the house you can again book your own alternative accommodation and attend the workshops and meals. Please see the reduced fees in this case below.
- The first workshop starts on Sunday morning
- The last workshop will be on Thursday, with a final evening meal together
- Guests will depart on Friday morning after a leisurely breakfast
Details will be confirmed with you after submitting your booking and an invoice will be raised for your deposit, payable by Bacs (or PayPal for overseas attendees only)
The minimum deposit is 33% of the total, but you may pay any amount up to the full value of the workshop.
- Sat to Friday Breakfast, Dinner and all tuition, models etc – £880 per person sharing (£1,050 for single room occupancy )
- Single day workshop – £70 per day (you can also stay on for an evening meal for an additional £30)
- Attend the workshop for single days, with overnight accommodation (if available) and an evening meal with breakfast the following morning costs £180 per day.
- Non painting partners are very welcome, cost for all inclusive stay £660.
You may also pay the balance in three further instalments, payable on 28th of each month. Payment must be made in full by end March please. UK Members may pay by bacs or cheque only due to the fees charged by PayPal.
If you are unable to attend please notify admin before 21st April and she will attempt to re allocate the room. Any monies held by the SEA at that point will be refunded less a £150 administration fee. For cancellations after this date if we cannot reallocate, we are very sorry, but refunds will be less the 33% initial booking fee. It is suggested that you might look into taking out holiday insurance in the event of the course having to be cancelled.
Please confirm your BOOKING EARLY as places will be allocated strictly on a first come first served basis.
Bookings should be paid for in full by 31st March 2024. Accommodation in the house is available from Saturday 18thMay from Midday, to Friday 24th May. Rooms to be vacated by 10am on Friday 24th.
Please contact Debbie Dunbar for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org 03000110185.