Friday 31st June to Friday 7th June: The SEA Residential Workshop 2019
AT PORLOCK VALE HOUSE, PORLOCK WEIR, PORLOCK, SOMERSET, TA24 8PE
A unique opportunity to enjoy a week in stunning surroundings, painting a variety of horses from life and brushing up on landscape work all in a relaxed atmosphere with top tutors, good food and great company. Single overnight stays, day visitors and places for non-members are available. Bookings should be paid for in full by 18th May 2019. Accommodation in the house is available from Friday 1st June after 4pm, to Friday 8th June. Rooms to be vacated by 11am.
The Porlock Residential Workshop returns in 2019 by kind permission of the owners of Porlock Vale House. BOOK EARLY for this wonderful opportunity to spend the week painting from life in gorgeous surroundings of the Exmoor National Park with like-minded people of all levels of ability.
It’s a wonderful opportunity to meet new people and try new things under the guidance of our experienced tutors in a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. You will be based in a large Edwardian Hunting Lodge (1904) built in an Arts & Crafts style with uninterrupted views down to the sea and just a short walk to Porlock Weir. With a strong equestrian reputation, the property was also the training ground for the 1952 British Olympic equestrian team, who went on to win Gold in Helsinki.
Our tutors are the highly regarded artists Malcolm Coward HSEA, Colin Allbrook ROI RSMA HSEA and Barry Peckham ROI RSMA HSEA.
Itinerary to be confirmed
- Arrive at your leisure on Friday afternoon and settle in to your room. NOTE: If you feel that you would like to travel to Porlock the previous day we would suggest booking overnight at one of the local B&Bs or the Porlock Weir Hotel, again, book early as they get very busy in June.
- The first workshop starts on Saturday
- The final workshop will be on Thursday, with a final evening meal together
- Guests depart on Friday morning after a leisurely breakfast
All meals are provided from Saturday morning onwards, and our hosts are the wonderful team of Jim and Jean Power. Mandy the groom will be holding horses for us, which will be selected from three hunters There will be one or two additional activities to be confirmed, including painting up on the moor.
- Friday to Friday full board and all tuition – £550pp (£625 limited single room occupancy).
- Single day workshop – £50pp per day
- Artists to supply their own materials
- Non painting partners are welcome – ask for rates
Please contact Debbie Dunbar for more information: •03000110185.
Porlock 2017… all at SEA and on Exmoor. An informative and fun week at Porlock Vale
The occasional spot of ‘weather’ doesn’t stop SEA artists from enjoying a thoroughly entertaining and informative experience.
Knowledgeable tutors Malcolm Coward HSEA, Colin Allbrook ROI RSMA HSEA and Barry Peckham ROI RSMA HSEA (all SEA Cuneo Medal winners) will be on hand to help developing artists with the difficulties and pitfalls of painting horses. To quote one participant: “I’ve definitely got the bug now and can’t wait to recreate some of our horses at home. Here’s to next year!”
The week is seeing the development of wonderful friendships and connections, both old and new – in particular with the new owners of Porlock Vale House
With thanks to Sue Merrill and the Porlock Painters for the pictures.