The John King Young Artist Award
Named after founder member of the Society of Equestrian Artists, John King, this award is the result of an ongoing collaboration with the Pony Club (since 2012) developing a series of creative workshops throughout the UK.
John King’s commissioned work spans the globe and includes a range of equestrian disciplines from hunting, racing, polo through to ceremonial works. This award is a fitting tribute in recognition of the contribution John made to both the SEA and the Pony Club.
Winners of the award are presented with a sculpture by Debbie Burt HSEA and the winning work is exhibited for the duration of the Horse in Art Annual Exhibition.
John King Young Artists Award Winners
- Overall Winner: Cara Mannix, age 13 (Grafton)
- Runner-Up: Sophie Kemble, age 15 (North Norfolk)
- Highly Commended: Charlotte Judge, age 18 (Tumpy Green Equestrian Centre)
- Special Commendation: Xakiera Merlin, age 7 (Cambridgeshire Hunt)
- Sorrel Penman (age 14) – ‘Spring’
- 2013: Victoria Campion
– ‘Posy and Me’
- 2012: Michelle McCullagh
– ‘The Bay Colt’